Farming is currently a relatively minor part of Portal Knights. However, players are able to grow a variety of plants, trees, and edibles which may be used in crafting a large variety of items such as furniture, armor, and potions. The main tools for farming are dirt blocks, a hoe, and the sapling or seed for whatever you intend to grow.
- Place a sufficiently large enough patch of dirt blocks.
- Till the dirt blocks into farming soil which will grow plants 3 times faster.
- Plant the vegetation.
- Wait for the plants to grow.
- Harvest them.
- As you cut down tree for wood logs replant plenty of them in tilled soil early on in the game. You will often need wood logs even in some tier 4 crafting.
- Like trees, plant plenty of cotton seeds as well so that you can use them for torches later on. Torches are your friends.
- Many plants and trees are only able to be grown in their native environment. It is not possible to plant and grow them on a different world environment.
- Hint: The time it takes to grow your planet can be skipped by sleeping in a bed in game a few of the days and nights.